How to Save SendGrid Email Activity Feeds for Free
1 Create Event Kit
· Go to URL https://github.com/sendgrid/eventkit-rails
· Then click on ”Deploy to heroku”
· It will go to the Heroku website, then Register on “Heroku “
· After Registration it will Show you to Create New App, Create it.
· Next give the App Name and click on “Deploy”.
· After completion of Deploy click on View.
· And create the new Username and password, confirm password then submit.
· Now Copy the URL which is showing the top .
The Copied URL put it in one document.
· Then open Send Grid and Go to settings à Mail settings.
· On mail settings click on Event Notification.
· Select “ON” and “EDIT”.
· Go to HTTP POST URL and Paste the event kit URL(copied) Here and click right mark.
· That’s it.
· Send Grid posts the email activity in Event Kit.
· If you want to download the email activity from event kit.
· Go to event kit with that HTTP URL
· Click on detailed search and select filter
· Then click on Download CSV.
Note: Heroku stores only 10000 records for free, you can delete the email activity by selecting settings to month in heroku.
The Email Activity Feed allows you to view a snapshot of recent email-related activity events associated with your account and any sub users.
It makes the delivery flow of each message visible, which expedites troubleshooting. The additional Email Activity history add-on extends event access up to 30 days.
With the Email Activity feed you can:
- Troubleshoot email delivery issues faster with comprehensive and sequential event data by email message.
- Pinpoint specific emails easily with advanced search and filter options–including subject line and email metadata.
- Customize your data independently with the CSV download/export option.
- View up to 30 days of history when you purchase an upgrade.
- Call all events by an email message from the API when you purchase additional storage.